Search the forum,

Discuss noisy water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nuneaton lad

got clunking noise in water pipes almost certain has something to do with next door neighbours as it only happens when they are using their water deduced this as it only happens when they are at home does not happen when we use our water anyone ever come across this before

Yes, sounds like they have water hammer. Have a polite word and ask them to get a plumber in to remedy as it is interrupting eastenders.

Also could be something as simple as a unclipped pipe, as with the case with neighbours it can lead to problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to noisy water pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hot water pump is very noisy. Is it on its way out, does it need replacing, or is it a case of getting used to the noise? Friend of mine bought a house and says a lot of noise when pump is running. See video attached.
Replies
Views
Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I move the pipe up vertically, the issue goes away. The dishwasher is new and was installed a few months ago. Looking at the pipe on the wall it...
Replies
Views
I know no one really does. But technically why should we use bonding clamps when we cut a section of gas or water pipes out? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is when the neighbours roughly started. Severn Trent were doing bits and bobs out in the street back then but this is probably a coincidence. Our water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock