Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy Sabre HE Boiler When not in use.....it's keeping me awake !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RAK

Hello All,

I have searched for advice regarding noisy boilers and at first thought my problem was kettling, however, having thought about it and read the related posts everybody reports problems when the boiler is in use. My problem is really odd in that what I am getting is a sort of rattling during the night when the boiler is off, it happens periodically through the night and lasts for a few seconds each time, I have my boiler near to my bed (healthy!) and so it's really a pain in the proverbial. I have tried using boiler noise reducer but suspect I was barking up the wrong tree, if anyone has any idea what might be going on I would really appreciate it, I know it's a vague post but I don't know what else to say other than that my boiler was installed 2 years ago, into an old existing heating system and although it sounds a bit like rattling pipes I don't see how it can be as the pipes did not rattle previously.

Sorry for the long post..........Cheers All

Oh plus I have to keep topping the pressure up and the boiler on occasion sounds like it starts an stops a lot. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder if the filling loop is passing and still filling the boiler? the rattle (I think), is your pressure release valve blowing off. alternately the secondary heat exchanger may be leaking and the mains pressure will fill the boiler until over 3 bar...at which point the rattling prv blows off!! I've had 'em. put 1 bar of pressure in and turn the boiler off from mains.Sit back and watch, if it rises thats the prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy Sabre HE Boiler When not in use.....it's keeping me awake !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some additional informations? Here's my problem: I'm not sure at what bar should I pump the chaimber (pre-charge pressure at bars). When I turn on the hot...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock