Search the forum,

Discuss Noise from communal boiler system - help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
For several months now, I've been hearing a low frequency rumbling sound/high frequency whine in all rooms in my new flat. For ages I was unsure what it was, but now I think it might be the communal boiler system - because when I have walked around the building and into the area where I know the communal boiler is situated, it sounds even louder.

It's not ridiculously loud, but loud enough to be noticeable. It's almost a vibration and sometimes my ears feel uncomfortable with it. It reminds me of how your ears can feel after being on an aeroplane, but not as bad.

It's not all the time, and recently has in fact reduced.

If it is the communal boiler, what do you guys think it might be causing it? Also, it's interesting that I didn't hear a thing for the first 6 months after moving in (when less of the flats were occupied). Could it be because the communal boiler is having to now work harder? Similarly, as more people move in (which has happened the last few weeks), could this be why the noise is slightly less now? In other words, does the system have to adapt to increased use and this is why it's been loud?

I have reported it to the developers but they are being very slow in coming back to me, and I think are avoiding the issue.

Would very much appreciate anyone's thoughts. Mostly - is it fixable, or is this something I just have to live with?

Thanks

Everything is fixable. Write to them again, asking them what they are doing about it and who is attending and how qualified they are. Failing that, make up a banner and stand outside the show flat. :D

Although, I suppose the worry I have is that any boiler system is bound to have some kind of noise (is it..?) and I may be fobbed off which the view from the developers that what I'm experiencing is within tolerance. It's a bit subjective.

You'll need to log back in with your id to get more responses, but no, you're quite wrong it shouldn't make a noise.

Good to know that, thanks. A firm word with the head of the development company, and a few banners outside the sales suite should sort it then. Cheers!

it could be anything depends whats in there (setup wise) maybe down to no vibration joints on the pumps etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise from communal boiler system - help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock