Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss no water pressure coming out of the hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richymac81

theres a heatline combi boiler and the heating is working but when you turn on a hot tap (any hot tap in house) water comes out for 1 second and dies straight away so theres no water come out at all which in turn means the boiler does not fire up,has any body got an idea wots wronge with it. it had flue sensor and water filter changed ,i was thinking plate to plate exchanger,i would be greatful for any help!!!!!!!!

Howzya cold supply richymac81? Is the iso valve to the boiler turned on fully? Do you live in a hard water area, had any work done on the mains in the street recently? When you mention having the water filter changed, was this the inline filter on the boiler & if so was there much muck in it? Answer these will eliminate or help us help you a bit more :)

Hi there, sounds like diamond gas does have the right answers but I can't understand of "no water" from hot tap combi system ???
Must keep me posted .....interesting Thanks

Hi, where is the boiler sited...in a house, bungalow,flat, car, garage.?

You know the answer to this one Glenno...!

Have you sorted it yet?

Blocked somewhere on cold inlet? Or maybe lack of mains pressure in his vw golf :)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Howzya cold supply richymac81? Is the iso valve to the boiler turned on fully? Do you live in a hard water area, had any work done on the mains in the street recently? When you mention having the water filter changed, was this the inline filter on the boiler & if so was there much muck in it? Answer these will eliminate or help us help you a bit more :)
hello cold supply ok ,and iso valve fully open,it is a hard water area!!! and mains are fine well so servern trent says,and yes the inlet filter on boiler was changed but i didnt change it so i dont no how much muck was in it?????????

no hot water pressure from taps but cold pressure fine ,the heatline a sealed combination system

we know its sealed mate!

i reckon its a filter thats choked, cold inlet to boiler!!!

but then again................... im an installer and dont fault find ????!!! :rolleyes2:

hello cold supply ok ,and iso valve fully open,it is a hard water area!!! and mains are fine well so servern trent says,and yes the inlet filter on boiler was changed but i didnt change it so i dont no how much muck was in it?????????

Hey you returned :) :welcome: back :)

How old is the boiler? Chance it may be scale build up if you haven't an inline scale reducer and you're in a hard water area? Just a thought! However it isn't really rocket science if all are affected then the blockage is traceable down stream from the first tee after the boiler.

rich, if plate to plate is blocked, would this stifle water fully?? Just that I'm a bit lost....:drunk:

turn off cold supply at boiler,disconnect hot pipe then turn cold on slowly see what sort of pressure is there be ready with bucket and soak ups

turn off cold supply at boiler,disconnect hot pipe then turn cold on slowly see what sort of pressure is there be ready with bucket and soak ups

I'm liking that one Glenno, really learning some good stuff ere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no water pressure coming out of the hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock