Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss no vis vest £133 per hour fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeezzo, will be going to work dressed like robocop in the future

how can you work comftarbly in all that. its just not worth working on sites like that.

I cut an olive last week (above my head).
Unfortunately a small piece fell into my eye.

Who's fault?
Mine.
No safety goggles.

What happened then?
I looked in a mirror and cleared my eye. Took about 5 seconds.

Will I buy goggles?
Nope.

Will I wear any eye safety wear in future?
Just might get my glasses from the van, but then I might not be able to see what I'm cutting properly (with goggles or glasses).

The other day I had to change an immersion heater and an electric shower.
Among the first tools I used was a multimeter to check the electricity was a) on then b) off.
I wasn't prepared to do anything with these installations until I'd sorted out the electricity.

It's just a question of prioritising risk. I don't need a fine to tell me what's dangerous.

I thought this government was keen to abolish red tape?

when i worked on balfour beatty sites, i found that you couldnt see properly from the glasses, the gloves were a pain, and you couldnt work under sinks or overhead on pipework with your hard hat on.

Been pulled up before by a couple of jobsworths, even been threatened with a "yellow card" and the likes of that, its all pathetic really, I get stuff in my eye all the time but doesnt mean I'm going to start wearing glasses or wear gloves because i get cuts every day

Dont persimmon operate a £150 fine for going in a house without a temporary stair bannister??

This sort of thing anger me there should be a simple way over all this and that is a simple waiver form that states that if you do not wish to partake of the rediculous Health and safety laws and the nanny state then you dont have to, In my opinion health and safety inspectors are the sort of people who wanted to be a police man but didnt have the brains, couldnt be a security gaurd same reason, therefore we have to find jobs for these special people other wise they would always be sat on the sunshine bus licking the windows

Agree with all that has been posted, the person concerned most about my health and safety is me ! and as such don't take any risks that i am not comfortable with. Also, i would love to know how they come to a figure of £133 per hour, we are all in the wrong game.

common sense , common sense , coomon sense , common sense , common sense

When New Labour came to government that was thrown out of the window, all in the name of getting more people into work to check up on those already in work.

Common sense is now a sackable offence in Whitehall.

nah but when yer loveslave hurts himself, instead of being soft on em and give em a belt round the ear fer being so stupid fer hurting themselves in the firstplace

why they call it 'common' sense when it is clearly rarer than a mating panda is beyond my understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no vis vest £133 per hour fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi Folks, Just saying hello. I do tackle the odd plumbing job when I can't get hold of a professional plumber, which I'm sad to say is quite...
Replies
Views
Afternoon! I seem to have an issue with my central heating staying on. As its winter, we have it set on a timer. The first couple of cold days...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock