Discuss New Toilet Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shambock

Hi
Anyone help me with a query??
Im installing a toilet and the new waste outlet of the pan is about 20mm lower than the pan to stack connector. The only thing i can think of is to either raise the hieght of the pan with a infill (very ugly) or lower the pan to stack connector by making a larger hole in wall and cutting the outside stack down (alot of hassel).
It might seem a silly question but could i use a 20mm off set adaptor with the waste having to go up by 20mm???? to reach the outside stack.

Thanks for any advice

hello there, well you've only got two realistic options and you've mentioned the two of them. I wouldnt fit the offset going up hill, although you try it and see. I would get a 20mm piece of plywood cut neatly to the shape of the bog - paint it, seal it? should be ok. Best thing is to explain to customer of the problem, give them the options - the ply option would obviously be cheaper and a damn lot easier

You may get away with an offset connector if its only 20mm but make the customer aware that if they don't want to go to the expense of altering the stack it is not the correct way of doing it and you will accept no responsibility if it doesn't work or leaks (get them to sign).

Before you do such a job again you need to check the toilet outlet height.

if the stack comes in at an angle upwards the best way is to abgle grind stack flush to wall and use a long tailed connector cutting back usually get you down the 20mm you realy shouldnt use ofset pan cons to go upwards only left right or down

If its only a small bathroom, maybe the custard would be happy to lay 18m ply or whatever throughout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Toilet Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Installing a new toilet in a small cloakroom. The previous toilet was connected to the waste through a 5" plastic fitting that is attached...
Replies
Views
I have bought a new close-coupled WC that will be installed by a plumber. The plumber and I are currently in discussion about how it should be...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm installing a new soil stack for a new upstairs bathroom. For the toilet, where the 110mm pipe comes through the wall to outside, which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back