Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet pan connector to 5" pipe? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

jjl

Installing a new toilet in a small cloakroom. The previous toilet was connected to the waste through a 5" plastic fitting that is attached (cemented) into the 4" soil pipe below. I can't seem to find any adapter or pan connector that will fit this ancient fitting - any advice? Or should I just try to remove the old fitting and replace it with something new? The fitting is sort of offset funnel shaped and about 15 cm deep, I'm not entirely sure what would be the right replacement part here (I assume pushing a flexible pan connector directly into the soil pipe would not be appropriate)?

Is the fitting in the ground something like this with the lower section covered in mortar?

Clay pipe adapter flange.PNG

That's an offset connector, there would have been a seal in the top of that with the hole offset so it could be twisted to adjust the offset.
It's probably still on the old W.C pan?

A pan connector extension, preferable not a flexi, should push in the lower part in the ground, then cut off the "funnel" level with the floor, fill and tile over, or whatever the finish.

That's an offset connector, there would have been a seal in the top of that with the hole offset so it could be twisted to adjust the offset.
It's probably still on the old W.C pan?

A pan connector extension, preferable not a flexi, should push in the lower part in the ground, then cut off the "funnel" level with the floor, fill and tile over, or whatever the finish.
Thank you - very helpful! The old WC is long gone, and don't quite remember what it looked like unfortunately (I seem to recall there was a connector with a rubber seal of some kind, but it was clearly due for replacement). Anyway, going for a straight pan connector extension like you suggest seems like the right way to go - hopefully I should be able to remove the existing fitting without having to break up the floor!

Reply to Toilet pan connector to 5" pipe? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock