Discuss New standpipe for tumble dryer waste in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Does a new stand pipe for a tumble dryer waste water drain need to be vented (i.e. open at the top) or can i put an end cap on it? Is a P trap needed? I cant connect it to the washing machine so need to install new pipework to drain loosely into an outside drain. I want to connect the hose to a nozzle rather that hanging loosely in the top of the pipework

What are you planning on teeing into eg another pipe or just into a gully ?

What are you planning on teeing into eg another pipe or just into a gully ?
Most likely just into a gully. I could T into an existing pipe but seems unnecessary.

Attachments

• 20211127_145935.jpg
    20211127_145935.jpg
    886.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211127_195352.jpg
    20211127_195352.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Doesn’t need to be vented so you do what you like

Reply to New standpipe for tumble dryer waste in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Back