Search the forum,

Discuss New hilmor pipe benders marking pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have just bought some new hilmor pipe benders that are nicking the pipe on one side of the pipe when I pull a 90 degree bend on 15mm copper. Any one know a cure for this?

Are the alu bits free of dirt and damage ?

if you can post a pic up of the nicking

Try tightening the nuts up a bit on your bender, only hand tight mind you or you wont be able to move them!

Thanks that has helped. When you pull a bend with a machine it makes the pipe on the bent part a smaller diameter. Guessing this is no problem to the flow?

Thanks that has helped. When you pull a bend with a machine it makes the pipe on the bent part a smaller diameter. Guessing this is no problem to the flow?

It's not much and will be less resistance than a fitting

Thanks my worry is for 22mm heating pipes. When putting a machine bend on this will not effect the maximum btu loading of the pipe?

Thanks my worry is for 22mm heating pipes. When putting a machine bend on this will not effect the maximum btu loading of the pipe?

You will be fine been done for ages

cant post URL but:
Irwin Hilmor GLM Pipe Bender - Screwfix Product Code: 63880

I have that exact one and its fine for both 15 and 22 bends.. no nicks or creasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New hilmor pipe benders marking pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock