Discuss need some advice on a new shower tray installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have got an old shower cubicle in my en-suite and it's leaking. i want to replace it with a bigger shower tray and a slide shower screen. i have measured from wall to wall (one external wall, one stud wall) it's 1050mm, with those plastic panels install i think it will be about 1030- 1020mm, but ideally those plastic panel should sit on the shower tray. if i go for the 1000mm shower tray it's not wide enough. what should i use to fill this gap? i dont want to bring any walls forward cos on the external wall i have a window and basin. on the internal wall i have my door and chrome towel rad.

if i go for the 1100mm should i just bury that 50mm into the wall??

any ideas?

I think you go down the burying route anything else will look poor and bogged

If you can get the tray into the wall by 25mm at each end then then an 1100 tray would be perfect.

If you can get the tray into the wall by 25mm at each end then then an 1100 tray would be perfect.

but the internal wall is a stud wall.

if i bury 25mm each end what should i used to seal the gap before i put the panels on? tile addesive or sand and cement?

Use a tanking kit I prefer mapei, they do a tape to seal the tray to the walls. I would fill gaps with dry wall adhesive first.

but the internal wall is a stud wall.

if i bury 25mm each end what should i used to seal the gap before i put the panels on? tile addesive or sand and cement?

Two layers of plasterboard is 25mm then 12.5mm off studs at each end.
If you do it carefully there won't be much of a gap.
Bed the tray firmly then seal any gaps with whatever does the trick.
Tile down onto the tray, job done.

Be very carefull about burying shower trays into walls make sure you can get a door/screen to fit the gap afterId go for the shorter tray and pack one wall forwards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need some advice on a new shower tray installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just looking for some advice as seen a few different things online. I'm installing a shower tray in our bathroom but this one has a square...
Replies
Views
After some advice please. Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock