Discuss Need help replacing my kitchen tap please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have got the following cold water and hot water connection to my exisiting monobloc tap. This is all new to me (apologies for being a noob) and I am trying to fit in a new monobloc tap but I'm not sure which part I should hold with one spanner and which part I should turn with the other spanner in the cold water fitting. I'm thinking I can use the same old flex cable for the cold water as its connector will be easy to fit the old connection but if possible I would like to use the new cable as in image 3.

I think the hot water connection is slightly easier to replace. I guess I should hold one spanner on the block valve (the middle part) so that it doesn't move and the other to unscrew the top.

Could someone please help me out on this? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
IMG_20201225_171725.jpg
IMG_20201225_171729.jpg
IMG_20201225_172539.jpg

You’re better using the new flexi hoses on the new tap. Cold: Hold the upper hex nut with one spanner and undo the lower hex nut. It looks as though the flex may not reach, hence the little extension. Hot: you’re correct in the way to undo this.

You’re better using the new flexi hoses on the new tap. Cold: Hold the upper hex nut with one spanner and undo the lower hex nut. It looks as though the flex may not reach, hence the little extension. Hot: you’re correct in the way to undo this.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Cold- I have marked the two hexes
H- I should hold this
T- turn this one in the direction of the arrow?

Screenshot_20201225_221239.jpg

Hold T, turn H down (anti clockwise).

Edit: sorry, looking at the new hoses, if you do as above, you will need a 1/2” Male iron to make the connection (correct way to do it).

As you likely don’t have one with you, you’ll need to undo the next nut along the line (left nut on the iso valve). Undo nut and remove the nut and small piece of copper pipe.
This will allow you to screw the tap hose straight on.
Be aware and careful when screwing it on as it’s a compression fitting. This means the nut side is angled (designed for an olive to fit in), and over tightening can cut the tap hose washer. Hand tight and 1/4-1/2 turn (just enough to stop it leaking), will suffice.

Last edited:
The current flexi on the cold has a non-return valve built in, you will lose this functionality with the new hose.

Thanks both. Is there any risk I might snap a copper fitting in the process?

Almost in the process of bailing out now.. Thanks to the complicated cold water pipe fitting that's been put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help replacing my kitchen tap please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock