Search the forum,

Discuss need a sds, dewalt??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
DeWalt D25323K-GB 3.4kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | SDS Plus 3 Function | NoLinkingToThis seems a ok price! want a drill light enough to fix clips and rads , as well as sinking pipes and coring a few wastes holes (kitchen sinks and bathrooms mainly) and i think i narrowed it dow to this dealt one. i was thinking about going down the route of one of these [DLMURL="http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bosch-2kg-sds-plus-drill-gbh2000-240v/87453but"]Welcome to Screwfix[/DLMURL] seeing it struggle with cores and chiseling work! anybody used or got one of these dewalt ones? reviews all seem excelent! but soeme people dislike the dewalt brand, sayings its a re branded black and decker!!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your better off getting a separate. Core drill and sds mate, what your thinking of doing is what I've done for years.....it will work but core drilling puts a lot of stress on a drill and really shouldn't be done with an sds.

the amount of cores i want to do its not really worth me getting a core drill , unless i pick up a 110v/240v one cheap or second hand or something

Dewalt are coming up in quality btw!!
their new offerings are going back to the way black and decker industrial were.
if you have your heart set on that one.
here it is 30 quid cheaper
5035048270127 DEWD25323K D25323K-GB D25323k L Shape SDS Hammer 3 Mode Low Vibration 230v

For an sds that one you posted up is fairly powerful but coring hurts sds and frankly sds drills are too slow to core effectively.

So i would go for something like this bosch which is more than ample for most tasks
Bosch Gbh226Dre2 3165140344135 Sds Plus Rotary Hammer 240V 2Kg 800W Gbh226Dre

Thats 150 at screwfix

Bosch GBH 2-24 D 2kg SDS Plus Hammer Drill 240V | SDS Plus 3 Function | NoLinkingToThis

and then get this core drill
5035048310489 DEWD21570K D21570K-GB D21570K Dry Diamond Drill 2 Speed 1300w 127mm 240v

so thats an sds and core drill for 299!!

however i would spend the extra 60 quid and get a marcrist
5036197050639 MRCDDM1240 Marcrist DDM1 Diamond Core Drill 1200w 240v

In the manual for the Bosch, it says it's good for coring up to 60mm I think, if it's only to be used for small waste pipes, it'd be perfect for the OP?

well ive ordered and payed for one now, got one in builders merchants for £207 (the dewalt one) . will update in a few weeks on how it performs! if its not good enough it will be going back for a full refund with a intermitant fault!! haha

In the manual for the Bosch, it says it's good for coring up to 60mm I think, if it's only to be used for small waste pipes, it'd be perfect for the OP?

Well apart from them now spinning fast enough to core very well.

How often does the clutch kick in normally on an sds?
hardly ever but soon as you start coring its common, they aren't designed for it.

You can use your impact as a hammer to knock in nails.....not very good for the tool though is it :p

I look at it this way. Buy a quality core drill for £300, use it infrequently and it will prob last a lifetime.

Buy an sds and use it for coring infrequently and everything else, you'll be buying new every 2 years or less.

Plus, the drilling will take longer, be harder and more dangerous.

I look at it this way. Buy a quality core drill for £300, use it infrequently and it will prob last a lifetime.

Buy an sds and use it for coring infrequently and everything else, you'll be buying new every 2 years or less.

Plus, the drilling will take longer, be harder and more dangerous.

did you come to this conclusion on thought alone or did you also get a handle to the face?

Taken one on the chin before lol, and nearly broke my wrist in my apprentice days whilst coring limestone with a hitachi sds.

They're USELESS.

If you talking for flues i allways stitch i hate coring, it makes such a mess takes longer to vac all the carp up than it does popping the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need a sds, dewalt??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock