Discuss Mysterious Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paulsad

Hello chaps - little query here for you knowledgeable guys - moved into a new house few months ago and was told that the stop tap was under the stairs by the previous occupant - Under the stairs there are what look like 2 separate stop taps - I then found both are turned off - after going under the house and tracing the incoming mains I found the actual stop tap buried in a kitchen cupboard much to my relief.
What I am wondering though is what the 2 taps under the stairs are for - the pipework is plastic so its all recent. The taps actually are above floor level in the cupboard so they must have some purpose each tap having a pipe in and out but like I said both turned completely off. Everything is functioning ok as well...
Any ideas?

Are these valves red round handle ?
what type of heating system do u have, look in attic for any tanks, how many ?
these valves sound like hot and cold gravity fed supplies. Which would usually turn off hot and cold in your bathrooms,

Al

can you post pictures, and can you also trace these plastic pipes ?, if not were else in your house has plastic pipes, seems odd

Cheers lads - no its all plastic pipes - no red handles just standard brass type valve taps - combi boiler no tanks

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 66
a part of my soul died looking at that picture

Yes not the neatest arrangement! - Thanks all for the comments - I think snowhead might have nailed the answer - there is an old shed with a tiny little sink in that I forgot about (its right at the back of the garden) - I'll get under the floor again with the rats and do some tracing. Cheers boys - have a good xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mysterious Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back