Search the forum,

Discuss Move magnetic filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi! My mum has not long had a new boiler and instead of it being on the floor it has been mounted on the wall with a magnetic filter under it. I wanted to move the filter further down the common return so I could box it in. I have moved radiators before as it is a vented system but as the filter is so close to the boiler I was wondering how you would bleed the air out of it after I had moved it. Do you just bleed though the radiators as normal? Is this a job for a plumber? Please see pics.

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0432_LI.jpg

It's a job for someone competent, if your competent then go for it. There's likely an auto vent in the boiler so if the enginner left it turned on (which most do) the boiler should vent itself. What boiler is it? I'd change the pump while your drained down. That pumps at least 20 years old and I can't believe the enginner hasn't swapped it when fitting the new boiler :confused:

It's a job for someone competent, if your competent then go for it. There's likely an auto vent in the boiler so if the enginner left it turned on (which most do) the boiler should vent itself. What boiler is it? I'd change the pump while your drained down. That pumps at least 20 years old and I can't believe the enginner hasn't swapped it when fitting the new boiler :confused:
Sore subject mate my mums old and doesn't understand. That pump should have been changed and it was done by a contractor of a popular gas company, she paid over the odds for it and we have been left a bit disappointed to be honest. Thanks very much for your advice. It is a Worcester boiler.

Sore subject mate my mums old and doesn't understand. That pump should have been changed and it was done by a contractor of a popular gas company, she paid over the odds for it and we have been left a bit disappointed to be honest. Thanks very much for your advice. It is a Worcester boiler.
Formal complaint?

Keep all communication to emails. If you have not already, repeat what you have already said to them in an email. Wait for there response then Ask them to see the paperwork that
she has signed.

Have one of these myself, customer of mine had a boiler installed by a big national co and they have massively undersized the boiler by at least 8kw. It’s a slog but keep on and on and on and on they will take note.

Assuming its a Worcester RI series boiler, heat only, then no the boiler does not have an auto vent inside. You can vent the heat exchanger but that is inside the boiler, which requires you to be gassafe.

Leave it, yes it's a bit of an eyesore but that'll soon pass plus reconfigiuring the pipework so you can attach the filter lower down isn't work for an amateur.

Reply to Move magnetic filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a sound of trickling water through the filter, loud enough to hear quite clearly and is pretty annoying. I wouldn't of thought trapped air would sound...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an old (~2006) Potterton powermax boiler. It's a gas system boiler with a small unvented cylinder in one small package, in a flat. Because of the location in the flat it's going to be very difficult or maybe impossible to replace so I want to try to get it to last as long as possible. In...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock