Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer Tap leaking and will only sometimes turn on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Please could someone give me some advice?

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen. The hot tap turns on and works perfectly fine. It is the type of tap with the cross handles that you twist to put on.

The cold tap handle turns freely as it should but I have to turn it on and off sometimes once and sometimes 10 times for it to start running.

When the water does not come out of the cold tap the handle feels very loose but when it does come out the handle does then not feel feels normal and as it should.

Also there is a leak coming from only this coldwater side where the main tap body and the valve cover (i think its called this) meet.

Please could anyone advise me how to fix it? as I'm no plumber.

Sounds like the cartridge has broken do you know the branding of the tap if you don’t best to change the tap

Reply to Mixer Tap leaking and will only sometimes turn on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock