Discuss Mixer Tap leaking and will only sometimes turn on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Please could someone give me some advice?

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen. The hot tap turns on and works perfectly fine. It is the type of tap with the cross handles that you twist to put on.

The cold tap handle turns freely as it should but I have to turn it on and off sometimes once and sometimes 10 times for it to start running.

When the water does not come out of the cold tap the handle feels very loose but when it does come out the handle does then not feel feels normal and as it should.

Also there is a leak coming from only this coldwater side where the main tap body and the valve cover (i think its called this) meet.

Please could anyone advise me how to fix it? as I'm no plumber.

Sounds like the cartridge has broken do you know the branding of the tap if you don’t best to change the tap

Reply to Mixer Tap leaking and will only sometimes turn on in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Installed a new mixer tap armitage shanks contour 21 to a disabled toilet. However water just continues to come out and will not switch off. Even...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
R
Can an old mixer tap leak uncontrollably? The mixer tap in my kitchen is very old,maybe nearly 20 years. For the last year or so it has been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I recently had a Hansgrohe wall mounted single lever basin tap and a Hansgrohe thermostatic concealed bath/shower valve installed...
Replies
Views
Back