Discuss Mixer tap connections for a steam shower cubicle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Merry Christmas!

I've received a pre-piped steam shower cubicle and the seller has asked me to just connect the mains power and cold + hot water (I've a balanced supply).
For some reason I don't think his pipework at the back is correct (there is no manual to check).

Could somone please check the attached pics and advise if pipes are as they should be?

In the first pic shown below, top control is for selection of outlet tap and the bottom control is ON/OFF (in/out) plus temperature (rotary) control.

In the second pic, pipework is shown from the back side. 2 disconnected pipes for HOT and COLD are shown and the bottom flexi pipe coming out of the 'T' goes to the steam generator on the other side of the corner cubicle.

Any help with this pipework would be highly appreciated.
Thanks..

25122010638.jpg25122010647.jpg

Really you should try to find maintenance and fitting instructions on line or contact manufacturer
Looks ok, would think cold connects to the brass 'T', supplying mixer valve and steam box and hot to the other side, you will need to fit non return valves to the hot and cold though

Thanks Puddle
The seller sold the item on ebay as new, pre-plumbed but without instructions. This is an Arrow shower AV001 and there is no help available online. The manufacturers are based in China and their standard response is that this range is discontinued and they don't have any instructions. Same response has been received from distributors in Sweden.
I also think the same way about cold connecting the brass "T". Would swap and see how it goes.
I've also put "pressure balancing valve" for HOT/COLD supply (as HOT is pumped and COLd is mains supply). Do you think I still need non-return valves?

P.S. I've also given a RCD supply for the mains power.

Yes, with the system you have even more reason to have the non return valves fitted, plumbing system, bad practice, at best, mains pressure could damage pump and cross contamination could occur if mains turned off or as many are finding frozen,
If you can not get even instructions, I would not have touched, what will you do for spare parts !!

Another e bay special !!!

So non return valves for both hot and cold supply it is.

I am taking the hot supply from under a sink which has non return valve fitted before the "T". So I presume that I would only need 1 now to fit the cold side?

Could you also explain what is a Double check valve? Is it something similar to non-return valve? Its just that I have 1 spare. Do the DC and non-return valves cause any pressure loss?

Thanks for your help once again.

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha beta luck next time ksareen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!happy christmas two hope you had a shower or you will be pretty smelly by now

benkent, A bit late but glad to know that you made it out of your hole..the shower is fully working, the original connections were correct actually, so nothing to report really!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer tap connections for a steam shower cubicle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock