Discuss Mixer shower headache in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mowgli82

Rented property has a bath/shower mixer installed from a gravity fed hot water system and the cold from the mains has been supplied via prv (presumably to try and balance the two supplies).
When tenant is using the shower it apparently becomes almost impossible to blend, tenant citing that it takes only a fractional turn of cold to turn shower temp to ice! tenant has been rather problematic and constantly complaining about multiple issues and apparently a plumber has investigated but found system to be working satisfactorily when tested.
Latest advice from tenant is now that when the shower turns to very cold, if the diverter is moved to fill the bath, the water temp is ok, but when its diverted to shower its very cold (but pressure is ok?).
Anyone got any ideas as to why this may be and suggestions what would be best route to rectify? Not sure if its an issue with the mixer taps or an inherant problem with the supplies perhaps?
thanks

Fit a thermostatic mixer. Saves alot of hassle. I know you can get cheap ones now. And if it's a bar. It will be an easy change

OK - thanks for that -found some online for about £75 so not too expensive - hopefully this will stop the tenant complaining about this particular problem now!

Needs tanked cold water supply and not mains, even with the prv there will be disparity between the pressures.

It is Steve, thanks, but from Simon's response Ive found that I can get a thermostatic bath filler with shower attachment - tbh I didnt know such a thing existed - hardly a surprise there but still, you learn something new every day! lol
I take it everyone agrees that this will be the resolution to the problem?

Ok - will that need to be a dedicated tank then I presume? What sort of capacity would be required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower headache in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock