Discuss Mapp or propane? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lauriekinguk

Hello,

I am just about to order a superfire 2 blow touch, but cant make up my mind wether to get one with mapp or propane. I understand that mapp gives a hotter flame, but is it to hot, ie: is it easy to over heat fittings and loose the solder, ect.

Thanks

I use mapp but some say its overkill, propane is easier to control

i find propane useless prafer mapp as heats 22 mm quicker and 15 in secs so if near joists or anything done quicker think its just choice really when i first start doing this job a gas bloke i new always used mapp said was better for him same reason as av said earlier friends who use propane seam to be ages soldering

MAPP is best but re your initial concerns, it just takes practice to get used to. If you don't want as fast a flame, screw down the inlet control a little to let less gas out.

Propane for 15/22mm and Mapp for28mm upwards assuming there are plenty of joints :)regards turnpin

whpes never thought of that, does it work tho ,cos would have thought mite have got bit of a leak past the seal cos not all the way down

I use propane and have perfect soldered joints everytime ... I wish!!

Happy with propane and never felt the need to change or try anything different.

re mdust ? not the seal on the bottle, the valve on the torch that allows control of the flame size, mapp everytime for me tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mapp or propane? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock