Discuss MAPP gas vs propane gas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never noticed smell to be honest unless you mean the burning skirting boards...

Dont worry love it was only a small fire and anyway the flood put it out. Have you got any towels?....:p

MAPP is just waste of money. We need just 230-250 degrees to melt lead free solder and little less for tin/lead. On plain propane we can heat the fitting up to 500 degrees or even more.

MAPP is just waste of money. We need just 230-250 degrees to melt lead free solder and little less for tin/lead. On plain propane we can heat the fitting up to 500 degrees or even more.

i agree upto a point.

not always easy soldering outside in wind on a cold day with propane. also larger pipe diameters 28 mm upwards it is beneficial to use mapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MAPP gas vs propane gas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus...
Replies
Views
I bought a torch a few years ago that uses EN417 butane/propane cylinders. As someone who only uses a torch now and again, the torch has been...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have bought a cheap boiler to run my hot tub as others have on the interweb and have a question that you amazing plumbers will probably...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock