Discuss Main Medway gas water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes knowing a bit about the engineering and Physics of what your doing is something they do not seem to teach much in colleges and on courses any more. Its all question and answers about certain scenarios but if you do not know the engineering and Physics it is hard to work out the answers to any new questions that come up. I think the main problem is simply lack of time and payment for getting people past exams. I suppose it would tend to make for only teaching people how to answer set questions not wider subject understanding. It is partly why I would advise newbies to read the first history of the appliance's they want to work on. How a boiler started from a simple kettle up to the modern age. Especially a history that explains what and why things like thermocouples were invented and how they are made and work and how control is integrated onto a pcb.

Its fascinating, but slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Medway gas water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I noticed the other day, I had to repair a leaky valve that fed water to the refrigerator and washing machine. I noticed after I turned the main...
Replies
Views
When we moved into our house in 2016, the electric water heater popped loudly when heating. After awhile, I researched and realized that it was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
I have a strange fault with a Vaillant EcoTec combi-boiler. It's 100% reliable whenever the heating is called for, ie. by the room-stats. It's...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock