Search the forum,

Discuss Magna cleanse any good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
I'm about to buy a magna cleanse flushing unit and want to know what everyone thinks about them, has any one used the and are the good. I've installed loads of adeys magna cleans and I really rate them so I know adey are quite good. Any info would be great full.

very good if your on about the dual filters

I didn't know there was any other one. What do you mean?

well i thought you meant they brought a power flusher out when you said flushing unit

uploadfromtaptalk1453592912762.jpg I think they are a good bit of kit.

I have one and they are limited but they do a decent job , if the system is heavily sludged then it won't clean that to well . In those cases you need to lift a radiator off and blow through with a hose.
Ideal tho if you just giving a system a wash through on a boiler change .

I have one. IMHO they should be used with a power flush machine. Used like this they cut the time taken rinsing out dramatically. Also a good way of showing customer how dirty the system was.
On thier own I don't belive you can trust the heating pump to reach the furthest areas of the heating system.

I use it with a power flusher. I may speed things up. Bought it to use on its own but it does not work as advertised. Sometimes pumps are too weak or mains pressure is not there to shift things. Good to put on return between the boiler and standard power flusher and flush with the boiler on.

I sold one recently but only because I ended up with 2 due to my mate being killed I only got ÂŁ80 for it and was almost as new
But yes they work to a degree but not on there own

I sold one recently but only because I ended up with 2 due to my mate being killed I only got ÂŁ80 for it and was almost as new
But yes they work to a degree but not on there own

Sorry to hear about your mate, was he a fellow GS engineer?

Yep as said I use mine with a powerflush machine and it works a treat, also a good touch to show the customer the bag of sludge after you have finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magna cleanse any good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, We have an open vented heating system and a Worcester Bosch greenstar boiler. Recently there is little to no heat getting to all radiatiors. It seems that when we turn on the nest heating the boiler starts whirring as expected as then dies down quite fast. I cleaned the magna filter...
Replies
Views
I've just acquired a Magna Cleanse (MC) to use with a rental property I have that has a Magna Clean. Before I go to the rental property, I wanted to do a trial run at home. At home I don't have a Magna Clean due to the boiler F&R pipes being in a wall and boxed in and the boiler is outside on a...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but can't find any model info or any plates on it. I want to change the switch and thermostat to a digital wireless thermostat but I'm not sure what I can...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock