Search the forum,

Discuss Open vented system - Boiler turns on and then loses heating pressure? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

We have an open vented heating system and a Worcester Bosch greenstar boiler. Recently there is little to no heat getting to all radiatiors.

It seems that when we turn on the nest heating the boiler starts whirring as expected as then dies down quite fast.

I cleaned the magna filter earlier and checked the pump and motorised valves are working by the immersion heater tank.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm quite ignorant in the ways of solving these issues but am trying to learn.
Attached a video of the whirring dying down towards the end.

We do have microbore pipes so if suspect is probably sludge/air block.

Thanks,
Matt

More likely to be pump or motorised valve failure
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton valves and have tried checking the operation and they are turning the valves 45 degrees as expected on turning the heating on and off. The pump was replaced just last year but I will check that again

Reply to Open vented system - Boiler turns on and then loses heating pressure? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock