Discuss Magna Clean or Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi peeps, don't know how many of you fit or clean these.

I've always stuck to the Magna Clean filter, but the TF1 looks easier to install and more user friendly. The question I have is, does it work as well.

I've always been amazed by the crap that the Magna Clean filters grab, even if it is a mucky job. Is the magnet in the TF1 as big or as powerful.

Possibly I'll have to take one apart and have a butchers!

Cheers,
Dan

About the same to install however the TF1 is slightly cheaper. Both work well and magnets are about the same. Downside is that the TF1 is mainly designed for a wall hung boiler with pipework coming up from below, else horizontally with flow left to right. For return pipes coming in from above or the left you need to get one of their conversion kits which have to be ordered specially. Why they don't include them in the packages I don't know.

Last edited:
price is probably why

Im interested to know the power of the magnet as well but no idea how this would be measured or proved execpt by having on of each and see how much it can pick up

check out the spirotech ones, they are versatile in their positioning, they also do a combo valve which is also super efficient at removing air from the system.

KJ

Cheers for the advice, especially regarding the posistioning of the TF1 and the need to buy additional conversion kits.

I don't think the magnet in a TF1 looks as big as a Magna Clean, but as I say I have never fitted a TF1 so I really can't judge.

I'll take a look at a spirotech one too.

Main reason I'm asking is I'm installing a couple of boilers in the next few weeks, and not only is the TF1 a bit cheaper, but it's the Fernox brand, which I personally hold in high regards.

Once again, great answers, thanks.

I always fit the Spirovent. Solid brass body, and doesn't need dismantling to empty debris. Can fit on a pipe that's at any angle, as the body can be rotated 360 degrees. Also guaranteed for 20 years.

I use both the Magnaclean & the Spirotech Magnaboost.
I like the way you can see all the crap the Magnaclean has collected & this also impresses customers.
The Spirotech is better made & easier to fit & , although I have no doubt it works just as well, it is difficult to see how much magnatite has been collected when venting it off as it is mixed with water & comes out at system pressure.
At the end of the day any of them are better than none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magna Clean or Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock