Search the forum,

Discuss made me laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gakmonkey

Thought I had to share this with others, today i went to a job which had a U6 meter with 15mm pipe coming out of it then tee'd of again all in 15mm to a 5kw space heater aprox 3mtrs away(house is heated with electric storage heaters.), tee'd off to a 4.5kw ilfe fire aprox 6mtrs away from the meter, teed off again to the 10kw oven aprox 8 mtrs away from the meter.... but the crowning glory to yhis otherwise slightly dull tale was the tee from the oven continuing another 12mtrs to an open flued 70kw boiler for the swimming pool!! so the outside boiler 20mtrs from the meter on 15mm!!! a full 90kw through a U6 mtr and half inch pipe. needles to say one or two items were disconnected.

It is amazing that someone could supply gas appliances like that and get away with it ,especially as persume a nice house,with swimming pool
They must have been robbing peter to pay paul all the time,how long had it been like that,they must have had problems and a great deal of luck nothing had happened,did they think it was the norm to spend 8 hrs frying a bit of bacon when everything else was on !!

I would have drained the pool and slapped a at risk notice on his speedo's :D

the boiler was a potterton kingfisher cf so had been there a fair while, i wish now i had measured working pressure at meter and appliances to see how bad it was, but alas did not have the time.

didnt have time to do a gas test?

you stated the obvious fact of undersized gas pipework, you need to follow that up, at best i would say the pipework would be at risk, hope your going back!!

didnt have time to do a gas test?

you stated the obvious fact of undersized gas pipework, you need to follow that up, at best i would say the pipework would be at risk, hope your going back!!
checked for tightness after removing the outside boiler which looked good enough to condemn on its own but the pipe was also run along the concrete floor outside with no clips etc with an electrical conduit over the top of it so all of this was first classified ID, thankfully the kitchen is being redone so the cooker was removed, the ilfe fire showed evidence of spilling possibly due to no ventilation so this was capped off until it is rectified...look on the brightside the space heater worked! but they wanted to remove that any way! we will be going back to intall a boiler and remove the storage heaters and the house is a recent purchase so no one is living there for the mo meter was capped off until we start work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to made me laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock