Discuss Low water pressure in washing machine tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nevillek

Hi all...

I have a FL washing machine connected to a 0.5HP automatic on/off booster pump that splits the outgoing pipe into two: one to my bathroom, for pressure in the bathroom taps and the shower, and one for the washing machine. The setup was working seamlessly until yesterday when I noticed that the pressure pump was constantly starting/stopping every 5 seconds when I started running the washing machine, instead of being continuously on for like 30 seconds to suck in the required water. Upon opening the detergent compartment, I noticed far low water pressure than usual. Upon removing the hose pipe from the water inlet behind the machine, the low water pressure was confirmed. Strangely enough, the water pressure in my bathroom taps/shower is perfectly fine and the booster pump starts on normally if I turn those taps on, and turns off automatically if I close the taps.

I suspect an airlock to be causing this low pressure, but I don't understand why there would be an airlock only in the pipe branch going to the machine and not to the one going to the bathroom, because both of them branch out (in a reverse T-form) from the single pipe coming out of the booster pump.

Can someone please help me with this dilemma? I don't know how to remove the airlock as firstly, I don't have a big enough hose pipe to connect the airlocked tap to a working tap to push the airbubble back into the tank, and secondly, I have a non-return valve in the pipe going to the booster pump, so I don't know if that method would even work.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I agree there could be a bit of debris causing the low flow. I would start with the nrv as a possible place for debris to catch.

I agree there could be a bit of debris causing the low flow. I would start with the nrv as a possible place for debris to catch.

But the nrv is located between the water tank and booster pump, and not between the booster pump and washing machine tap. So if the problem was with the NRV, how is the bathroom tap working fine with the booster pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low water pressure in washing machine tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock