Discuss Low system pressure causing overheat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkOil

I went to a boiler the other day where the limit stat had tripped (Grant Combi 21).
Found the system pressure was at about 0.5 Bar, and very little air in the vessel, so re-pressurized that, and topped up system pressure, all ok.
Now my question is, is the low pressure the cause of the limit stat tripping? or a possible cause?
If so, surely the control stat would of kicked in and shut the burner off?
I did test both the control and limit stat, and both work and shut off as they should.
It ran fine and when reached temp it all closed down as it should.

Anyone got any views or ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low system pressure causing overheat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock