Search the forum,

Discuss Low mains water pressure, float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew1

Hi all, im back again loooking for a little more advice pleases, just about to install a Pumped electric Shower with its own 25 gallon tank in loft, my question is do i use a low presure float valve or do i use a high presure float valve ????????? i was told to use a low presure valve due to my mains presure being low and that the use of a low presure float valve would allow my tank to fill quicker as a LPFV has a bigger inet, but now i have looked it up on line, all i can find about LPFL is that they are to be used when feeding toilets from headder tank ect, im confused, i just need my tank to fill as quick as poss, any advice would be very much appricited.

Regards

for a bog standard float valve
for mains pressure use the white fitting the red one is for gravity pressure
what is the mains pressure?

Hi, the ball valve i have is the one that came with the tank, it was a screwfix polytank kit, it dose not have the two white and red fittings with it, the mains presure on average is about 1bar but sometimes at night it will come up to 1.5 bar/ if were very lucky 2 bar but most of the time esp daytime it can be as little as 0.5 :-(

0.5 bar - that is low if your tank is higher than 5m from where you tested the pressure it would not fill at all.
have you asked the water authority to confirm what the pressure should be?

as you already have the tank why not fit it and see what happens,
if the tank is full then you have got a 25 gallon shower! apart from it re filling.

Ohhh waste of time even trying to talk to Dee Vally Water! they are hopeless to say the least, we live at the top of a hill in a small rual village and the water for the village comes from a bore hole 2 miles away and then is pumped from the bottom of the hill up to us at the top, they have a statutory duty to provide 0.9 bar but sadley they can only seem to manage this on a monday morning, no joke, so you think i should just give it ago, is there not a float valve the you can buy the is full bore that can be used on mains presure if you can call it that lol

what do you make of this - Pegler Prestex Float Valve Part 1 | NoLinkingToThis

Do you think i could use one of these, in the screwfix catalog they are labled as High Pressure under the heading Pegler Prestex Float Valve Part 1 High Pressure Valve to BS 1212.

what do you make of this - Pegler Prestex Float Valve Part 1 | NoLinkingToThis

Do you think i could use one of these, in the screwfix catalog they are labled as High Pressure under the heading Pegler Prestex Float Valve Part 1 High Pressure Valve to BS 1212.

You need a part 2 ball valve. They come with a high pressure seat but you can get replacement low pressure seats.

Hmm!

Go careful the problem with using low pressure orifices on mains water is that sometimes the pressure pick's up as people stop using the mains water, usually over night. This makes the cistern over flow? Many places sell low, medium and high pressure orifices for ball valves.

Cheers everyone, going to take a trip to plumbcenter and see what i can find there

Hello all, ok back for plumbcenter and have come away with 2 high presure float valves, the guy said that to help the tank fill quicker to install two float valves the same and this wold help fill it up quicker as there would be two inlets to the tank as oppose just one, is there anything i should bear in mind when im doing this ? and would any of you recomend doing it this way ? again any advice would be great.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low mains water pressure, float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock