Search the forum,

Discuss looking for employment help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan Mcilravie

Hi guys, I'm just new to the forum so not really sure where I should post this but here goes. I've just recently got myself into a self funded Plumbing course this is giving me all my qualifications in under 3 years!! I live in Kirkcaldy which is on the East Coast of Scotland, I'm looking for a self employed plumber or a plumbing company that would take me on and give me experience! I'm funding my own apprenticeship and after 3 years they will have a fully qualified person on there books!! All I need is a chance to do well I have a young family with a kid on the way and just want to be the best I can be to my kids and have a decent trade behind me to provide for them.

Thanks, Alan.

There are a few guys here from Scotland hopefully one might be touch with you, don`t think any are around tonight though.

Hopefully a few of them see my post I'm just trying every option out there to try and get noticed!!!

How old are you Alan, do you have your own transport to get to jobs and any tools?
No shame in bumping your first post again after 5-7 days if you don`t get a response.

welcome Alan and best of luck with your search....regards Turnpin:smile:

I'm 28 years old and have my own transport!! I have no tools as of yet as I've just ventures into this area of work with the course I'm going to do!

I'm 28 years old and have my own transport!! I have no tools as of yet as I've just ventures into this area of work with the course I'm going to do!

As the song goes, two outa three ain`t bad. lol
Don`t worry about the tools bit.
If it was me I`d rather you were 28 than a lippy 18.

I would like the experience I need to boost up my practical ability but also I would be looking to gain employment within a company!!

I'm hoping people see my age as a good thing, a person who won't just stand about and wants to get stuck in and learn!

At the moment i'm unemployed I'm a qualified mechanic so I've been doing bits on the side to get some money after getting paid off!! Now I want a change of career!! I have been out with my brother in law who is a plumber but he has not long went from self employed back to being employed with a company,!! But there company is full and not got the time to train me up!!

So what is your expectations of work experience eg.days weeks months

I would prefer if it was something I could take on for the long run as the course only has its practical days every so often for a week at a time! So the more I could get out the more I'm going to learn!!

I would prefer if it was something I could take on for the long run as the course only has its practical days every so often for a week at a time! So the more I could get out the more I'm going to learn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for employment help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am looking to join a plumbing and heating engineer 4 days a week whilst I attend College to gain my level 3 plumbing and heating qualifications. if...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock