Discuss learners question on pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sterry_12

before starting work on gas pipework is it ok to put blanking discs in the metre inlet&outlet or do you have to disconnect the metre and put caps on the inlet and outlet?? trying to go by the book here for learning purposes

Blanking disc on outlet. Pointless on inlet

its the meter your protecting transco are very funny about replacing a meter thats in two bits so disc in outlet
the reason for this is the amount of gas thats in the meter is the dangerous bit whats in the pipe goes pop whats in the meter goes bang

depends if you are soldering pipes or not, you dont need to disconnect a meter to fit compression fittings, remember to use a temp continuity bond when cutting into pipes whatever fittings you use

i know it is bad practice and have rarely done the temp continuity bond . maybe just been luckly

i know it is bad practice and have rarely done the temp continuity bond . maybe just been luckly
one day your luck will run out if theres a electrical fault in the house you will become the circuit either buy the weak proper ones or use what i do a heavy duty car jump lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to learners question on pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock