Currently reading:
learners question on pipework

Discuss learners question on pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sterry_12

before starting work on gas pipework is it ok to put blanking discs in the metre inlet&outlet or do you have to disconnect the metre and put caps on the inlet and outlet?? trying to go by the book here for learning purposes

Blanking disc on outlet. Pointless on inlet

its the meter your protecting transco are very funny about replacing a meter thats in two bits so disc in outlet
the reason for this is the amount of gas thats in the meter is the dangerous bit whats in the pipe goes pop whats in the meter goes bang

depends if you are soldering pipes or not, you dont need to disconnect a meter to fit compression fittings, remember to use a temp continuity bond when cutting into pipes whatever fittings you use

i know it is bad practice and have rarely done the temp continuity bond . maybe just been luckly

i know it is bad practice and have rarely done the temp continuity bond . maybe just been luckly
one day your luck will run out if theres a electrical fault in the house you will become the circuit either buy the weak proper ones or use what i do a heavy duty car jump lead

yes I have the heavy jump leads also , thinking about it I have become more safety aware nowadays ,which aint a bad thing after 30 odd years in the building trade, I worked for a guy before and he was wearing wellies and put a live wire in his mouth and got me to put a phase tester on his head which lit up , he then handed the wire to me and it gave me a belt

before starting work on gas pipework is it ok to put blanking discs in the metre inlet&outlet or do you have to disconnect the metre and put caps on the inlet and outlet?? trying to go by the book here for learning purposes

Sorry but I thought you had to be Gas safe registered to use this part of the forum?

Sorry but I thought you had to be Gas safe registered to use this part of the forum?

Thought it was only the sub forum that was just for GS only peeps ? TBH I'm not totally sure myself :)

At the top of the main GSR page, is a link to a sub-forum where only GSR engineers can enter. They verify this by your GSR number and I suspect a bit of scanning of your history on the site.

In this area where we are posting now, any Joe Public can view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to learners question on pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back