Discuss Large Radiator Not Getting Hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Banks

Had an additional radiator fitted in a consevatory to an existing conventional system however the radiator is quite big, a double and is not getting hot.

Tried bleeding, balancing etc but no joy

The system is run with 10mm microbore and this was added on - so 8 rads in total

Anything else i can try or is it simply not going to work on this system, due to update and will then have 15mm pipe throughout

Is the rest of the system on 22mm > 15mm ?

If you shut of some of the other rads does this one get hot?

if you have a TRV on it - is it bi-directional? If not is it on the right side?

Hi Jamie

Has this radiator been 'Piggy backed' to another nearby radiator? If so it is probably not going to work. Normally, and I stress normally with a microbore system each radiator has its own 10mm feeds that originate at a manifold. There is normally (theres that word again!) 1 manifold per floor.

If you can get a new pair of 10mm feeds back to the manifold or back to the 22mm pipework that serves the central heating that may well solve the problem and would be cheaper than re-piping the lot. If your are planning a major re-furb than I would suggest up grading, microbore, in my humble opinion, is more trouble than its worth!!!

Good luck

Raymondo

Hi Raymondo
a customer has asked me to do the same thing ie. come off a rad in the kitchen ,through the wall and into the next room about 1meter away.
Am i right in saying yo him you cant T-off 10mm.
regards

Hi franz

2 small radiators will probably be OK if installed back to back like this, say a maximum of 1Kw combined provided the linear distance between these rads and the manifold is not too far (less than 9m). If either or both rads are fairly large you will almost certainly have problems.

Good luck

Raymondo

thanks ,yes the one in the kitchen is circa 800x400 double convector if i remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Large Radiator Not Getting Hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock