Currently reading:
Kitchen tap problem

Discuss Kitchen tap problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my kitchen mixer tap, if I turn off the hot tap too quickly I can hear a slight drumming noise and the tap will start to drip, it even happens sometimes now if the dishwasher finishes, the same hot water tap drips and there is a faint drumming sound in the background.

What is the problem and how do I fix it? Just like to know before I get a plumber in.

If it's just from one tap, it's probably the washer. Would also explain dripping. If you've got a flat headed and cross-headed screwdriver, some grips/adjustables and easy means of isolating the supply you might as well have a crack yourself. Go to youtube or something and watch some videos on changing washers.

It has been happening for a while now, but has got a bit worse lately. There is a downstairs loo close by and if the hot tap there is switched off sometimes this kitchen tap starts to drip. There is an isolating valve under the kitchen sink so I might just have a look at the washer to see if it is worn or marked. The hot water system is run from a vented oil boiler.

Thanks for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen tap problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock