Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Kitchen Tap lacking previous flow rate, needing help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benrandoll

Hi all,
I replaced the tap washers in a bath and filled the hot water circuit back upagain (gravity hot water cylinder). I removed the airlock that was present and allhot water outlets were working fine. However, a day or so later the kitchen hottap, ONLY, has almost halved its flowrate/pressure. I’ve been back this eveningand put the water vac on the kitchen hot tap, and then up at the bath hot tap(trying to dislodge any blockage/partial blockage) however its exactly thesame.

I highly doubtthis is an airlock, as all the other hot outlets are putting out decent flowand pressure. My only theory now is that there is a blockage somewhere betweenthe first floor (where the cylinder is located) and the ground floor (where thesink is).

Any ideas atall as to what it could be, and how you fix it?!?

Thanks!
Ben

Tried taking spreader out the end of the tap spout? Isolation valves all open?

Yes I removed it and it had no effect. I took the tap apart completely to check for any sign of blockage but there was nothing. There aren't any isolation valves to the kitchen tap- it's a very old system...
It's still a mystery....

When you drained down there may have been dirt in the CWST which has possibly caused a blockage what was the condition of the cold water storage tank like.is there any insulation floating in there?

That is one thing I haven't checked..... However, if I do find that yes there are bits floating in the CWST, how can I fix the current blockage, and what can I do to prevent future blockages?
The system is very old, so I imagine that the tank is not properly sealed and dirt may have got in via the tank. I'll be back on Saturday to carry out more work and fix the current issue!
Thanks for your help!

If the tap has a diffuser on the outlet( makes the water look aerated) unscrew and clean out as its probably acting like a strainer catching the carp out of the tank when it was drained.

Ditto to above. And if you suspect it's that on a future job you're called to agree a minimum labour charge before even hinting you know the cure because no matter what the charge they're going to hate how quick the solution is.

If it's not that, take tap off, connect long flexi/similar to feed, run into bucket. You may see loads of rubbish come out. Had that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen Tap lacking previous flow rate, needing help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock