Search the forum,

Discuss Keston Boiler C36 - Pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katie2810

Hi,

I'm new to all of this central heating and boiler business (this is my first home) and I need some help please!

I have a Keston C36 Boiler that is about 4 years old (was in place when I bought the flat but as its a new build I think thats about right). It has been serviced every year and is actually due one in the next couple of months.

One Sunday night (3 days ago) I came home and the boiler was flashing an error code (i think it was 37) I looked it up and it said it was low pressure, so following the instructions I topped up the boiler to 1.4. I had the heating on shortly afterwards and once it turned off and totally cooled it then stabilised at 1.3 when I checked on Monday morning. I didn't have any heating on until Tuesday night although I did use hot water and it stayed at 1.3. However this morning, Wednesday (after I had the heaqting on for an hour or two on Tuesday night), after the system has cooled down its now dropped to 1.2. So it seems like if there's no heating on it doesn't drop but if the heatings on it does (sorry if that's a really obvious statement but I know nothing about boilers).

I have checked for any obvious leaks at radiators and around the boiler but I cannot see anything. I have looked online and people say check the PRV but as I am in a second floor flat in 3 floor building I have no idea where this would be. I have left tissue around any connections to see if I discover anything when I go home tonight.

Obviously I could call out the man who does my service early to come look at it but thought I would see if there is anyone who can help or advise me here first.

Also, I know its only dropped .2 overall but is that a lot of water, will it cause major damage?

Thank you (sorry for the essay!!)

Check rads and pipework for leaks.. After that you need to get you service engineer in to sort as will have to GI inside boiler..

Yes there is a pretty significant rise when the heating is on - I think it went up to 2.0 from 1.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keston Boiler C36 - Pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock