Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Jet black water within a year! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone ever come up against this before?

Last year I replaced a 6 year old Ecotec after the heat exchanger split and leaked, this was due to water being black. I powerflushed the system and replaced the boiler, and when I pulled out the magnacleanse magnets there was nothing on there. I thought it was odd at the time and if any one that can remember, I posted a thread about this jet black water not being magnetic.

I'm 100% sure last year that it was spotless and dosed with X100 after the powerflush. This year I went and serviced it, stripped magnaclean and not a great deal of gunk on there but the water was mucky. Drained a bit off from down stairs in case some dirt fell off the magnet when removing and it resembles coca cola? Stinks of rusty water too but it doesn't stick to a magnet!?!!

Naturally customer is anxious as am I. Customer hasn't touched it since the install, not topped the pressure up or anything ( and I trust him!)

My only thoughts are either, air is getting in, although he is adamant the system is 100% piped in copper, no plastic (thinking non barrier/air etc) or there is something contaminating the water.

I'm thinking of sending a sample away for testing, anyone know how I could send it too?

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers in advance

My only concern with that is whether or not I get true results if it is a problem with their stuff?

It's in there best interest to, as you use there product so if you start bad publicity for them well
Also it's good for them as they are basically doing a qc on there own product. Failing that I also just found this
Test central heating water sample

Copper cancer? or dirty old rads.. or dare I say it, powerflush the fecker and still change the rads!

I would still be inclined to advise renewing rads maybe pipework as sometimes just easier than constant diagnosis

When i was experimenting with ways of cleaning scrap copper to get a better price.
When i left it in a bucket of caustic soda solution for a few days that turned the copper black. So could be a reaction somewhere in the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jet black water within a year! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I hope you might be able to point me in the right direction with an issue I have with a 3 year old Greenstar 30i boiler, last serviced...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock