Discuss Jet black water within a year! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone ever come up against this before?

Last year I replaced a 6 year old Ecotec after the heat exchanger split and leaked, this was due to water being black. I powerflushed the system and replaced the boiler, and when I pulled out the magnacleanse magnets there was nothing on there. I thought it was odd at the time and if any one that can remember, I posted a thread about this jet black water not being magnetic.

I'm 100% sure last year that it was spotless and dosed with X100 after the powerflush. This year I went and serviced it, stripped magnaclean and not a great deal of gunk on there but the water was mucky. Drained a bit off from down stairs in case some dirt fell off the magnet when removing and it resembles coca cola? Stinks of rusty water too but it doesn't stick to a magnet!?!!

Naturally customer is anxious as am I. Customer hasn't touched it since the install, not topped the pressure up or anything ( and I trust him!)

My only thoughts are either, air is getting in, although he is adamant the system is 100% piped in copper, no plastic (thinking non barrier/air etc) or there is something contaminating the water.

I'm thinking of sending a sample away for testing, anyone know how I could send it too?

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers in advance

When i was experimenting with ways of cleaning scrap copper to get a better price.
When i left it in a bucket of caustic soda solution for a few days that turned the copper black. So could be a reaction somewhere in the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jet black water within a year! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock