Search the forum,

Discuss Is going towards or away from fitment? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

In your opinion where is the occasional drips of water coming from? I recently had a smoke alarm replaced and electrician said no new holes were made.

Attachments

• A25E7763-C40F-4F14-BD97-F8D3932A15E2.jpeg
    A25E7763-C40F-4F14-BD97-F8D3932A15E2.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 13
Easy to tell pull the smoke down and have a look as there will be a hole there

Easy to tell pull the smoke down and have a look as there will be a hole there
Thank you for replying. I called the electrician who replaced the old one he said he didn’t make any new holes, he took the fitment off and there were three (only two screws to hold it in place though🥴). He said water was coming from the point of the stain, I wasn’t sure

When he said water was coming from the point of the stain, he presumably meant dripping off the point of the stain. it looks like it's originating from the fitting. Is the ceiling sloping slightly?

When he said water was coming from the point of the stain, he presumably meant dripping off the point of the stain. it looks like it's originating from the fitting. Is the ceiling sloping slightly?
No ceiling is flat….I noticed water on the floor a couple of times….thinking I spilt something…. but noticed on one occasion a few drips from the fitment itself. Electrician said it’s running towards the fitment from the point of the ‘teardrop’

Reply to Is going towards or away from fitment? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock