Search the forum,

Discuss Is an accumulator the way to go? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in a three-story town house with two bathrooms on the top floor and I just put in a combo. The water flow from the mains is good but the pressure is under 1 bar. By the time that the water gets to the third floor, it's terrible. Would an accumulator be the best way to go to improve the house pressure?

No, accumulators don't increase (static) water pressure and so won't cure your problem.

Have you tried reporting / complaining to the water company? Although 1 bar complies with the legal minimum guaranteed supply, water companies normally try to deliver a pressure high enough to supply the top storey of a reasonably sized house and the low pressure. You may be experiencing a problem with their kit that can be remedied.

Otherwise, you'll be needing a pump and possibly an accumulator as well.

No, accumulators don't increase (static) water pressure and so won't cure your problem.

Have you tried reporting / complaining to the water company? Although 1 bar complies with the legal minimum guaranteed supply, water companies normally try to deliver a pressure high enough to supply the top storey of a reasonably sized house and the low pressure. You may be experiencing a problem with their kit that can be remedied.

Otherwise, you'll be needing a pump and possibly an accumulator as well.
Thanks for your input. I haven't tried talking to the water company yet, so I'll do that first. Then, I'll look into pumps as suggested. Thanks again!

Break tank and pump if you can’t increase your pressure from the wb

Dab make a decent system eg

Reply to Is an accumulator the way to go? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock