Discuss Intergas OV boilers - thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fishpond

Hi

I have a customer who has heard about Intergas and their "less parts to go wrong" message. Does anyone have any thoughts, experience or comments on the reliability of their open vent boilers?

Intergas are obviously promoting well as I've had a few customers ask about them too. I don't really have any experience of them though. Trying to get on the training courses appears difficult as they say they'll send through info then don't. It's all very well to create a good product and sell it well to the end user but if you don't look after installers then surely the whole process falls down

We got on the Scottish course a few days ago and my dad was impressed with the design, I'm going on it shortly too.
A lot of guys who's advise and knowledge i trust swear by them, that's good enough for me :)

Yeah I have to be honest and say that I've heard nothing bad but if you're fitting it a bit of product knowledge goes a long way

Intergas are obviously promoting well as I've had a few customers ask about them too. I don't really have any experience of them though. Trying to get on the training courses appears difficult as they say they'll send through info then don't. It's all very well to create a good product and sell it well to the end user but if you don't look after installers then surely the whole process falls down

Leave that with me Matt.

We will have regular Intergas training days, pre-advertised on our website and in our pricebook. I'm hoping to have that nailed down by tonight.

Excellent boilers. Not the prettiest but at a very decent price point and now available from our favourite merchant.

just buy the offset flue for open vent
as the flow and return come out top left, same side as the flue.

We got on the Scottish course a few days ago and my dad was impressed with the design, I'm going on it shortly too.
A lot of guys who's advise and knowledge i trust swear by them, that's good enough for me :)

I'm on the course next week Ian, itching to get over and have a look!

Im on one next week in Luton looking forward to getting the ins and outs of the boilers.

what day ?
i might poke my head in.

as a system or heat only boiler they are near bulletproof due to the heat exchanger waterway size

i install them :)

Tuesday mate, from 0900 I think but would have to check?

Understand that they are looking to bring out a new boiler next year, remodeled heat ex , and more in line with uk boilers, Dutch cant get there heads round why we fit boilers inside the house ! they have boiler rooms, only problem I have with them is they are a bit big & ugly looking, not first choice for replacement retro fit

Doubt they would change the heat exchanger as it's been such a success for them. As far as I was aware they were moving the flue back to the middle instead of offset and that's it

Last edited:
My understanding is that the heat-ex has been redesigned to get all the waterways within the casting - so they keep all the advantages of the wide channels, but its a little more efficient and reduces the manufacturing process by a few actions.

The HRE will also have a centre flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas OV boilers - thoughts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock