Search the forum,

Discuss Instant tankless electric water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DuckyUC

Hi everyone

I try to buy/find a Instant tankless electric water heater in uk
as the flat I living in have no gas
and I want instant hot water supply

looking for a water heater that:

Instant Heat up water (no more 1 hour waiting)
Use Electric (no gas no coal no LPG)
Single Phase (no money upgrade to 3 Phase,no sure is it even possible for a flat)
14.4kw+ power (looking for higher power for 2 bathroom,14.4kw are the highest power I seen so far in uk)
Do sale and exist in uk (maintain/repair/UK regulation issue)

Any brand you know with comment are great!whatever good or bad

more detail:
My flat in birmingham have soft water,lime scale is not an issue(5X softer than london)
Able to upgrade the household electric service to 100Amp

many thanks for your help!
my last post about america heater
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ce...er-heater.html (Instant tankless electric water heater?)

EHC Slim Jim 14.4kW

EHC Fusion 14.4KW

EHC Fusion Electric System Boiler 14.4 KW

Comet 14.4kW Electric Boiler

Any other brand? not much I found on google

they are all about £1k include VAT, Comet look better from my view,but no idea it is good or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Single phase + 27kWh output

I find a seller on an auction site sell this can post to uk
My only problem is will it difficult for the local plumber to install it?

As my current water heater is a old electric storage water heater
So need to change the pipe location and install a power wire to the boiler room, hence high labor cost?

Many thanks

Specification[h=2]ECO 24[/h][h=2]ECO 27[/h]
Voltage240240
PhaseSingleSingle
KW24 KW27 KW

Sorry forum not allow to post the URL and the full table of spec
the heater call:[h=1]ECO 27
Electric Tankless Water Heater[/h]

Single phase + 27kWh output

I find a seller on an auction site sell this can post to uk
My only problem is will it difficult for the local plumber to install it?

As my current water heater is a old electric storage water heater
So need to change the pipe location and install a power wire to the boiler room, hence high labor cost?

Many thanks

sorry 27kw not kwh

It's not the plumbing you need to worry about. That thing sucks 112amps. Domestic boards are rated (and I may be corrected here) at 60amps.

Don't waste your money. Get someone in to see what you want and give the best advice.

so normal uk household only have a 60amp max power supply? I read their install guide it use 3x40amp to power up this water heater does it make it possible to fit it? Or there are no way to install it even after some wire upgrade so I go look for the 60amp x 240v = 14.4kw model?

Also what is the best way to find a good plumber? I live in birmingham city centre.
Thanks for your reply!

that heater have 8,13.6,18,24,27kw model

So with current 60 amp I can fit the 13.6kw @ 57amp
I google and saw a web said in uk single phase can provide 100amp max after apply an upgrade to the power supplier, is this true?
"Try this and it should be FREE to most of you (UK). If you do not already have a 100Amp Incommer Main Fuse supplied by your Electricity Supplier, but have one of 60Amp or 80Amp then have it upgraded to the 100Amp.
Just tell them you intend to fit an 11 Kilowatt power shower, and could they please change the Incommer Mains fuse to 100Amps. The Electricity Supplier will usually do this for FREE."roy

If the 100amp upgrade is true, should I pick the 18kw/75amp(to leave 25amp for other device?) or 24kw/100amp model?

Great contacted coop energy today and they able to do a upgrade of electric service to 100Amp, so now the question is what is the highest kw/amp water heater I could use?
ModelRecommended BreakerMaximum Amperage @240VRecommended Household Electric ServiceRecommended Minimum Wire Gauge
ECO 273 x 40 Amps DP112.5 Amps200 Amps 3 x #8 AWG
ECO 243 x 40 Amps DP 100.0 Amps200 Amps 3 x #8 AWG
ECO 213 x 40 Amps DP87.5 Amps200 Amps3 x #8 AWG
ECO 182 x 40 Amps DP 75.0 Amps150 Amps 2 x #8 AWG
ECO 111 x 60 Amps DP 57.0 Amps125 Amps 1 x #6 AWG
ECO 81 x 40 Amps DP 33.0 Amps100 Amps 1 x #8 AWG
POU 61 x 30 Amps 29.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #10 AWG
POU 3.51 x 30 Amps 29.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #10 AWG

I know the ECO 8 is the open it recommend, but is it possible to fit ECO 21/18/11? as there will be a "save margin" for the Max amp use. I prefer the ECO 18 so even at the peak there still 25Amp left

You need to consult an electrician before making any decisions.

True, I keep google electrician and plumber around birmingham now, any good way to find them?

Post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Ask for someone with Part P.

Part P building regulations. Refers to testing of electrical installations.

I would also advise contacting our electrical brethren on the UKEF - [DLMURL="http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/electricians-unite-jobs-your-area/"]Electricians Unite - Jobs In Your Area - Electricians Forums[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL]http://www.elnur.es/download/manuales/CM%20y%20CMX%20manual.pdf[/DLMURL]

Thanks, it seem for some reason the single phase instant electric water heater in uk can't have a power beyond 12kw? I try but can't find the reason/document about this limit, if anyone know why please let me know!

My company went down the route your posting about last year - specifically with regards
to properties off the mains gas supply. The American stuff will not work in Uk - it is generally 3 phase - most homes in uk are single phase and there is not enough power

SO AFTER NOT A LARGE AMOUNT OF THINKING WE BINNED THE CONCEPT- you cannot get 'a quart of of a pint pot' although we all try on friday nights ..centralheatking
Thanks, it seem for some reason the single phase instant electric water heater in uk can't have a power beyond 12kw? I try but can't find the reason/document about this limit, if anyone know why please let me know!

You are right, but ecosmart offer high power Single Phase water heater thats why I have this post. I think ecosmart physically can fit in and work,but I plan to get a water heater sell in UK now because of the UK regulation/maintenance/repair issue.

I try to google a decent 14.4kw instant water heater which exist in uk and forget the us heater idea, any brand recommended?
I find EHC Fusion but not sure are they good? Too few brand offer these product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Instant tankless electric water heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock