Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Installing condense pipe when soil stack is cast iron in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FoRiS HeAtInG

Just wanted to know if it is possible to install a condense pipe running to the drain if soil stack is cast iron

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have to fit a neutraliser before it gets to the soil stack. Sure someone else can clarify.

There's aTB about it on the GS site. You can go into CI as long as you are below the highest inlet.

Is it not possible to run it to a drain or soak away? If drilling the CI is the only option what boss connection do I use?

Thanks, also could you PM me the TB number please

It's TB 082.

[DLMURL]http://www.saint-gobain-pam.co.uk/assets/docs/sdr/Timesaver_Manual_2012.pdf[/DLMURL] page 57 Timesaver strap on boss

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent hole saw will do it (HSS). Plenty of lube to keep it cool.

how do you drill cast iorn. Please tell me
Page 57 & do it slowly, I think from memory paraffin was the lube of choice but not sure you can even buy it any more.
If it is an old bit of cast you just have to pray you don't hit a bit of siliceous otherwise you could be there for sometime & get through a few drills.

You could cut a boss pipe in, expensive but if you have the room easer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing condense pipe when soil stack is cast iron in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock