Search the forum,

Discuss installation calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob the plumber

Hello,

Im hoping one of you qualified guys or newbies can help. 4 years ago i decided to invest my hard earned money into becoming a plumber so i signed onto a very expensive plumbing course which was 7 months full time college. 4 years down the line now, Im gas qualified going through my ACS as a Cat 2 student, i was fortunate in that I worked hard and ended up working for a good time served guy who offered me a job after my course. I now know a huge amount on both gas/oil/lpg, ch systems and general plumbing through working . I know how to pipe up a house properly, pipe sizing, heating calcs etc.. HOWEVER, as much as i know in my head... i have never read it in a book and that is something i would like to do, to cement what i have learnt on the job, the boss doesnt know what i should buy, hes been in the game 25 years and books get updated.

Which book or books are out there that tell you specifically how to calculate pressure loss over a hot and cold install and heat loss of an installation, which book tells you that for that size installation you will require that size pump, which book tells you that on a 7 bedroom house your probably better putting in an 's' splan than a 'y' plan and what bore pipe to use on your primary ch pipes, which book tells me that if i have a heat loss of 1.83kw over 24hrs on a 300ltr megaflow solar eco over 24hrs what does that equate to in degrees C. When i do anything on the job now i know what im doing is right because it works, but why does it work??? Its like gravity hot water?? I have 9 meter head = 0.9bar but after the drop from the tank i have a 10 meter horizantal run under the floor and back up to a tap how much pressure loss will i suffer through that leg.

Like i said, I have a good knowledge now through doing the job but having it all in writing would be great.

Another thing is, i no longer class myself as a fast tracker, ive done my four years working my nuts off on a low wage and its starting to pay off now. Just need to fill the gaps the over priced douch bags didnt tell me about.

I know im asking alot but any help would be great

cheers

bob

egs corgi, viper domestic natural gas handbook,=all i used to pass my acs, and jtl plumbing level 2 and 3 book(bloody brilliant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installation calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock