Search the forum,

Discuss Increasing gpm/ compensating for low pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Screenshot_20210622-204745_Chrome.jpg

I came across this image @ Pipe Diameter Affects Water Flow Small changes in pipe diameter make a big difference - https://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/Larger-Water-Pipes-Effect-on-Flow.php

I'm working on a house where I reckon the mains pressure won't be great. It's at 1.8 bar static. Its a half inch pipe feeding two tanks, kitchen sink and three outdoor taps. There's a water softener which will cause a drop of 1 bar.

I don't think the remaining .8 bar will be good enough as the main tanks has some constraints. It's going to be behind a wall on the second floor which restricts it's size, and it has to feed one hell of a power shower.

Would it make sense to follow this article and try to increase the flow rate. I can go from the half inch hydrodare to 3/4". I know it'll do nothing for the pressure but could the extra flow rate help feed the outlets?

You will increase flow but loose some pressure

Reply to Increasing gpm/ compensating for low pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock