Search the forum,

Discuss in a bit of a mess - New Plumbing qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
why can they never do a pilot scheme to make sure everything is working before changing systems over maybe take a little longer but better in the long run I am old school and believe if it aint broke dont fix it disheartening for the people it will affect. regards turnpin:(

they update all quals every 5 years, they have to or it dont get funded. nothing stopping them updating it to the same qual if u get me

Fuzzy by name but clear thinking by nature ... all comes down to money somewhere down the line regards turnpin:)

this is a spot on report, none of us/tutors can actually give any first hand advive on what is to happen regarding courses come september, obviously we'll just have to wait for the outcome and hope its a good one:confused:

and still no answers, glad im not 16 leaving school and considering options!

It is strange that such an important issue is facing such uncertainty, but a lot more going on behind the scenes that is let on, still alot of wrangling to be done between the bodies involved, like the computer smoke screen though, trouble is the students do not have the time to mess about like the authorities seem to have
And now with a new government looking at all spending, costs of alterations and implementations not looking good:(

imho

i heard the new goverment was reversing all the new quals?????????????? cannot see that happening?

Thanks Fuzzy for sheading some much needed light on this matter.Now i know why my local college havent contacted me regarding the Plumbing course i want to do...

Andy.

its tuff for school leavers and new entrants wanting to get into plumbing, they will not know if its possible for some time yet i presume

I am old school and believe if it aint broke dont fix it

So am i.
There was noting wrong with the old way of recruiting apprentices.
The firms took lads on and trained them based on the work load they had.
Unfortunately at the time, the youngsters (through a bit of brainwashing from the schools and government) though being a plumber (or any other trade) was 1 step up from a binman, so the numbers of qualified tradesmen fell a bit as everyone though the way forward in life was to get in to uni.
Now (thanks to the media) everyone and their dog thinks being a plumber is the way to riches. It's a wonder we don't have the plumbers WAGS as we allegedly have so much cash :rolleyes:
The trade is being killed by greed (on the part of the training providers) and stupidity (by the ones parting with the cash).
This recession is the main bringer of uncertainty but it will hopefully sort out the dross within the trade (and it is FULL of it) and restore some balance as there are many who will not come through it.

Bit of a rant i know :eek:

So am i.
There was noting wrong with the old way of recruiting apprentices.
The firms took lads on and trained them based on the work load they had.
Unfortunately at the time, the youngsters (through a bit of brainwashing from the schools and government) though being a plumber (or any other trade) was 1 step up from a binman, so the numbers of qualified tradesmen fell a bit as everyone though the way forward in life was to get in to uni.
Now (thanks to the media) everyone and their dog thinks being a plumber is the way to riches. It's a wonder we don't have the plumbers WAGS as we allegedly have so much cash :rolleyes:
The trade is being killed by greed (on the part of the training providers) and stupidity (by the ones parting with the cash).
This recession is the main bringer of uncertainty but it will hopefully sort out the dross within the trade (and it is FULL of it) and restore some balance as there are many who will not come through it.

Bit of a rant i know :eek:

Tamz i agree fully with what your saying. I have finally gained an apprentiship at age of 24 (late i know) but tried for years after doing my A levels to gain a trade in construction. I never thought of becoming a plumber because it pays so well, and i think that these private training centres are not worth the paper they print the certificates on.

How are you meant to get practical on job experience from a computer and class room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to in a bit of a mess - New Plumbing qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock