Discuss Imperial stop tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alfie

The main stop tap was leaking from the gland. The gland and top of stop tap are in very poor condition due what looks like the previous tenant swinging on it with stilsons. I can take the valve out because its connected to the main inlet pipe set in the concrete floor. The upshot is it needs a new valve top. Anyone know where I can get an imperial valve top?

Hi Alfie, :welcome:to the forum.
Sounds like the possibility of a lot of time lost looking.
could you not leave the original tap in place, pack and really tighten the gland nut.
Take the handle of and fit a new tap above it?

Thanks for your reply. The valve gland nut is in really poor condition...totally disfigured...due to wrench damage getting the valve body off. Ideally a new top would be best. I have fitted a new stop valve above it so I just need to seal up the old valve. The old valve body is connected to the lead water supply pipe so cannot be renewed.

and make sure all the new pipework off it is securely clamoed with munsenrings not plastic. You dont want any movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Imperial stop tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back