Search the forum,

Discuss immersions in RM stelflow what setting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a RM stelflow unvented that I have just had fitted. my question is what does the thermostat settings in numbers relate to temperature wise? as it goes 1-6 or something similar not a temperature.

they are usually Cotherm stats (blue) some are old thermtec (brown and the best)
6 is usually too hot I have tested them at 65 ish degrees, try them at 5 but even those can be too hot for the customer but as we know it should be set at 60.

I normally set them at about 4 or 5 I think. All these new immersions are a pain as they don't state the temperature anymore, which is ridiculous.

I normally set them at about 4 or 5 I think. All these new immersions are a pain as they don't state the temperature anymore, which is ridiculous.

yeah in the end I phoned cotherm. spoke to a nice lady who I don't think really knew herself, said she could email me the data sheet. she did tell me setting 4 is 55c so ive set them at that, don't want the tank scaling up and any higher is bloody hot.

However you need to go up to 60° at least once a week for an hour to destroy any legionella bacteria, they just luuuv 50° (the bottom of the tank even when 55° at the immersion.)

However you need to go up to 60° at least once a week for an hour to destroy any legionella bacteria, they just luuuv 50° (the bottom of the tank even when 55° at the immersion.)

I thought legionella wasn't an issue in a sealed system running off chlorinated water? if it is the plumber had the stats set at about 50c on the immersions and I think the cylinder stat was on 55c.

Legionella is always an issue with stored "warm" water, though the Building Regs don't specifically apply to an owner occupied house (landlords / rented is different depending upon interpretation)

Best practice is a different matter :) there is a lengthy discussion here specifically related to renewables Legionares, Solar PV water heating, Solar Thermal Water heating - Domestic | Electricians Forums

The interesting one is probably this one from WRAS: New Page 2

The standards that our installations comply with all have a requirement like "Incorporate a means to control bacterial growth (including Legionella bacteria) in domestic hot water" and point to L8

As such all our installations have specific legionella controls built in to them, and the customer is advised accordingly.

See also:
Legionnaires' disease. The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
Legionnaires' disease - Technical guidance

So should you - well we would, even if we didn't have to, it's simple enough to do and none of the energy is wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to immersions in RM stelflow what setting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock