Search the forum,

Discuss ideal he30 isar insurance advce pl?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allison

Hi peeps,
I had da above boiler fitted jan 2008. Its leaked twice, da pipe froze over winter (i couldnt gt thru 2 the company who had fitted the boiler so called 2 local firms, they both walked in2 the house and walkd straight back out saying they dnt touch ideal boilers thr 2 mch trouble!) and does make banging noises now and then.
I was away and didnt get to renew my waranty with the suppliers, now thyr refusing to xtend my contract!
So, my question iz what insurance contract do u recommend me to take out, as going by ppl's threads im heading for a nightmare situation in da future! So, i wana b safe than sorry!
Any advice gr8ly appreciatd!
Many thnks

:confused:
help! Any1?? . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
save money you would of spent on insuance,hope boiler lasts a while,then use saved premuims towards new boiler

Give me a month to go master the art of chav language and ill try and help you.

thnx wnjs. . . But judging by other ppls coments on dis boiler its bound2 hv a fault dis yr! So me savn a premium of x amount it'l prbly cost me double da amount 2 gt an engineer out 2 repair it! Bcz no local wil touch it!

lol @ kip (ooops sorry very funny) . . . Basically i am asking what is the best yearly contract to take out on my ideal boiler its 2 years old? . . .

I'm sure British gas take isars on, I think most other big companies don't touch them, they are so much hassle, and can be very expensive to repair, one of the most common faults is a burst heat exchanger, this is a very very expensive fix due to the cost of all the parts and labour can be anything up to 8hrs dependant on access, so you can imagine the cost. I seen one young just time served boy nearly in tears changing a heat exchanger on an isar, he was there to 10 o'clock at nite and it still wasn't completely finished.

My advice is save up and replace with a more reliable/better quality boiler
I'm not kidding at all mate.

realy @ mbear??! Oh dear! What boiler do u recomend and whats their price range approx? If u need to know size of dwelling its a 3 bed house. . . .
British Gas have a few optiöns, do u think i might need a powerflush? Also, EON offer a new boiler if not repairable isnt that a better option? . . .
Many thnks. . .

realy @ mbear??! Oh dear! What boiler do u recomend and whats their price range approx? If u need to know size of dwelling its a 3 bed house. . . .
British Gas have a few optiöns, do u think i might need a powerflush? Also, EON offer a new boiler if not repairable isnt that a better option? . . .
Many thnks. . .

the potterton promax 28he is a good condensing combi IMHO, it'll do a 3bed no probs as long as u only have 1or2 bathrooms. Not the most expensive and very easy to repair(speaking from personal experience) in comparison to the isar.

Powerflush is for dirty/poor performing systems, ie poor heat from rads due to thick dirt coating the inside of rads etc.

The other thing to think about with your isar.... If the ionisation pins (
these are retro fit parts due to the issue I'm about to explain) have not been fitted @ the burner this can cause the burner insulating pads to fall on top of the heat exchanger exposing the bare metal-this fault can cause the burner to literally burn a hole in the boiler rendering it as scrap(there is no repair)

as for these contracts, unless the above fault happens then they will be able to repair, trust me it's the very very last option for these companies as u could imagine for cost reasons. If you are not prepared to get a new boiler then a service contract is the path for u, just watch
also these companies can have small print such as..... Only 6 callouts in one yr or X amount of pounds worth of parts in one yr before you have to pay more etc

thanks mbear u've bn a gr8 hlp! I'm just gng 2 check out da prices for da potterton nw!

potterton promax or potterton performa, both good boilers where abouts are you?someone on here may be able to give you a quote

i'm in luton. . . I googled them they r pricey and thts without labour considering its only 2 years ago i put the new central heating in! :-(

i'm in luton. . . I googled them they r pricey and thts without labour considering its only 2 years ago i put the new central heating in! :-(

It doesnt get much cheaper than a promax 28, (well it does but thats for another thread) I assume you had your Ideal eyesore fitted under the warm front scheme?.

@blackcatgas yes I did! But the funny thing when i had the annual service carried out i mentioned it 2 the engineer i might change the boiler. But she said 'there's nothing wrong with the boilers, its just that the engineers haven't been on the 'ideal training programme' and they dnt know what they'r dealing wth! . . . Well, i haven't taken out a contract, just waiting for it2 breakdown and get it replaced. . . .hope im doin the right thing. . . Knwn my luck come winter thats when it'l decide 2 pack up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal he30 isar insurance advce pl?!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock