Search the forum,

Discuss ideal classic nf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokecity

Gas Engineer
What do you do about FGA on a boiler like the ldeal classic nf where there is no test point and you cant get to the terminal? MI do not state FGA is required so is there no need?

arnt these the old cast iron ones??
no fga just the usual checks if im correct

I reckon you can disconnect one of the aps tubes and stick it down the tube

I've done that before but no legal requirement to FGA on an older boiler like this.

I dont understand the reason why not to use a fga on a cast iron heat exchanger, I have come across many boilers over the years with knackered burners / flues which looked fine
on initial inspection.

I had an 15 year old Classic a month or so ago that sent my analyser of the scale, burner pressure and gas rate were spot on.

Client saw what was happening and decided straight away to have a new boiler rather than start messing about with it.

If you have the equipment surely you would use it?

B Gas developed the machines when floor standing boilers and netaheats were nearly 70% of the market.

When I did my training on the analysers (around 1996) we were even taught how to use them on back boilers.

If you cant get to the terminal then dont worry about it. I personally use mine on every boiler that I can, but if there is no access to be able to do so and no requirement to do so then I wont lose any sleep over not being able to do it.

As kev above it is good practice to FGA it, but not a requirement. If flue is accessible I always FGA. Why not?
Give it a good scrub clean inside. Job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal classic nf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am thinking to get an Intergas HRE 24 SB. Our current boiler (and old Ideal) is in the kitchen, and we...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock