Search the forum,

Discuss Humming sound in system or boiler? Name that tune in one! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnHuson

Humming noise when hot or cold tap is turned on and I assume it is the boiler but hard to tell as the sound appears to be in the system as a whole. Vokera Unica 28HE about three years old. No problems with it. Pressure is OK. Auto vent is working as it should. No bangs or other noises. No warning codes, working OK. Radiators vented. Stop tap is OK and is open fully but tried it slightly open with no change. No obvious noises coming from within the boiler casing but there is a slight viabration detectable, and as I say the noise may be the boiler but not sure.
Any ideas please?

Water pressure may be to high if so think about getting a pressure reduceing valve fitted on incomeing water main.

Try turning the boiler off and see if the noise goes away John :) If it's only when either hot or cold tap is turned on then it's unlikely to have anything at all to do with the boiler IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Humming sound in system or boiler? Name that tune in one! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hi All! Bought a house recently, and we have been having the most frustrating issue with a very loud humming noise that intermittently comes and goes in our pipework. Have had a plumber around to check the issue to no avail so far, unfortunately. We have an Ideal Logic+ c35 combi boiler. System...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock